This came up in my feed today, I had totally forgotten about creating this bird back in 2017. Looking at him instills a desire to start creating birds again.
Before! The sepia ink was just too dark.
I didn’t like the darkness of the sepia so hit it with some gesso and then went back in with charcoal, pastels, and graphite. Patrons can get a closer look over at my Patreon page.
Found some time to photograph these pieces I created several years ago; each "story" is approximately 11x14 inches. Some numbers are missing, don't ask it was a SMH moment when it came to numbering.
I did some ink swatches today where you apply an alcohol drip onto the wet ink. I shall post a much longer blog post tomorrow!