June Poppies

I added some "sky blue" setacolor transparent paint to the lower half of the piece. The Poppies themselves are painted with shiva paintsticks, I used two different yellows. I'll add some color to the top of the piece to balance it out and more color to the poppies themselves.

I started this a couple of years ago and just now getting around to finishing the piece - of course I would have finished it sooner had I known where it was hiding!

Wild Poppies

I needlefelted degummed silk waste onto a base of white wool roving, tis over a piece of shiny white organza fabric. The black lines were created by needlefelting heavy black pearl cotton onto the fabric. this would probably look better photographed against a dark background, instead of my white table.

New Work

Well sorta, I've been fermenting on this idea for some time, in fact these are just the color studies for the actual piece that is hanging on my studio wall - and it's 9 x 10 feet, yep 9 x 10 feet (which translates roughly into king size for the quilters out there).

These pieces, Hot Poppies, are a set, free stitching on painted timtex and they really are this bright! I'm making prints and they will be available on my etsy.com store - see little etsy icon to the left. They look much better in person but I am having a hard time with the bright colors and contrast, I actually tried fixing it in Photoshop to no avail. I even scanned them in, they looked really bad then, even with some adjustments to contrast and the like. Tis the bane of photographing bright,high contrast, art.