~~Limited Spaces Available ~~
surface design with indigo
$79 WITH LIFETIME ACCESS!!!
Next Class Starts August 31st!
~ Indigo Blues is an Intermediate Level Class.
~*~ No experience with Indigo Vats? No problem check out my online class: Basic Blues: Five Vats Five Ways.
Please read all the information prior to purchasing as no refunds can be given.
If you have any questions you can email me at email@example.com
In this Four Week Class you will
Use an indigo vat to:
- immersion dye fabric.
- to dye bound resist fabrics.
- to dye painted resist fabrics.
Use reduced indigo and gum tragacanth emulsion to:
- paint fabric.
- Screen print fabric with indigo.
- Create mono prints onto fabrics and papers using an acrylic plate and a gelatin plate.
- Create unique designs using gutta resist and other types of resists.
Combine Indigo, Rust, and Tannins, to create unique pieces of art cloth!
~~Limited Spaces Available ~~
Supplies List - Required
2-3 yards of white PFD (prepared for dyeing) cotton and/or silk fabric.
- Pre-reduced/Instant indigo
- Gum tragacanth
- Tannic Acid Powder and/or leaves as a source of tannin.
- Soda Ash
- Clear gutta resist, one tube.
- Blue school gel glue.
- Baking Soda
- Rusty bits such as old washers, bottle caps, nails, wire, etc.
- bits of copper wire
REQUIRED Safety Equipment
- high quality dust mask
- protective clothing such as an apron or smock
- nitrile or latex gloves
- Heat source
- pH papers or pH monitor
- Stainless Steel Stock Pot or Enamel Stock Pot 5 quarts or larger
- 2 two gallon plastic buckets
- 1-2 five gallon plastic buckets, or a tub, that is large enough to rinse large pieces of fabric
- Clothesline for hanging dyed fabrics to dry.
- PVC pipe for pole wrapped pieces.
- stainless steel spoon (the kind used for cooking)
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- ~*~ OPTIONAL electronic scale for measuring out exact amounts of dyes, etc.
- clothes pins
- glass marbles or smooth stones
Supplies List Optional
- Natural Dye Extracts that are high in tannins such as quebracho, logwood, brazilwood, etc.
Once you registered and have paid for the course, you will receive an email confirmation with class information typically within 24 hours.
- This online class costs $79
- Class will be held on a private website that only registered students are able to access.
- There is a support group for this class on Facebook!
- All information for the class is all posted at once and ready for access and work at your own pace.
- Basic computer skills are needed (be able to login, access a blog, etc), you are responsible for knowing how to use your personal device to access the internet.
- Class can be accessed from most digital devices with recent updates.
- THIS CLASS INCLUDES VIDEO LESSONS THAT ARE DOWNLOADABLE! If your service is “iffy” then I highly recommend downloading the videos onto your device, doing so will eliminate buffering issues.
- I have provided step by step visuals in the form of photos, and when needed diagrams.
- A high speed connection if definitely recommended, again if you do not have high speed internet then please download the videos to your device.
- Feel free to register at anytime.
- No refunds, period.