EARTH AND SKY: FROM SKETCH TO STITCH A MINI MASTER CLASS
LIFETIME ACCESS TO THE CLASS
NOTE: Because of the intensity of this class I am limiting the number of spaces available to 30 students!!!
Earth and Sky is an Eight Week Mini Master Class divided into 2 Four Week modules with a One Week break in between the two modules.
During this course students will learn how to create a series of work(s) using your own voice using earth pigments, clays, ochres, charcoal, etc., to create a new body of work.
From Sketch to Stitch! Students will take their original concept from their original sketches based upon landscapes, create the art cloth, and then stitching them to create this new body of work.
On average students will create 8-10 pieces for a new series of work.
Module 1: Sketch, Draw, Paint, Surface Design
Module 2: Sketch, Surface Design, Stitch, Embellish
Surface Design Techniques:
- Earth Pigments
- Mixed Media Techniques using charcoal, conte, pastels, etc. on top of the earth pigment layer.
- Free hand machine stitching/embroidery
- Hand Stitching
- Embellishment Techniques
- Working in a series
- Creating and planning your series
- Color and texture especially with stitch, when and how to use.
- Surface Design
- Embellishment and Displaying your final pieces.
Lifetime Access to the Class