Earth Pigments, Clays, and/or Ochers
Fabric: cotton, linen, or silk
- heavy papers such as water color paper, mixed media papers
- lighter weight papers such as rice paper
- Khadi paper from India - NOT REQUIRED however it takes earth pigments like no other paper out there!
- found papers such as old envelopes, brown paper bags, etc.
Other Mark Making Mediums:
- charcoal or vine charcoal
- white charcoal, pastel, and/or conte
- gutta resist in clear, black, or white
Soy milk or soy beans for making soy milk
Freshly made soy milk.
Mixed Red Earths
- A yellow ocher of some type, and contain yellow ocher and/or clay
- An umber either Burnt or Raw (i.e., if you go with burnt umber then purchase raw umber to go with)
- A sienna either Burnt or Raw (i.e., if you a raw sienna then purchase the burnt sienna to go with)
- A red ocher or purple ocher
- Mayan Blue and/or Prussian Blue are suggestions NOT REQUIRED.
I purchase my earth pigments, ochre's, and clays, from www.naturalpigments.com (they are based in the US).
Tools & Equipment
*paint brushes, inexpensive boar bristle brushes work the best
*stretcher frames (for stretching fabrics onto for painting)
*respirator or dust mask (a better quality one) such as an N95.
*gloves to protect your hands
*studio shirt or smock (the earth pigments, ocher's, clays, stain EVERYTHING they come into contact with!!!)
$39.00 with Lifetime Access
Registration Now Open
Class Begins October 17th!!!
~Limited Spots Available ~
Copyright © Kimberly Baxter Packwood 2016